Junior Intro to Derby Daycamp
Welcome to Rose City Rollers Intro to Derby Bootcamps. We are so glad you are here. November 12th is a school holiday so send your skater to us so they can learn basic derby skills and have some fun. For more advanced skaters and members, we will make sure to run some all levels drills and / or review footage with kids off skates, this camp is easily tailored to the level of the attendees.
**Please note: Participants will be able to onboard with the league at our next orientation, if they so choose, at our next scheduled orientation January 5th after the Holidays.
In this bootcamp, your skater will switch between skating and off-skate activities throughout the day. If you've attended one of our amazing camps, it will be structured similarly.
While we would love to open this up to anyone interested, COVID restrictions say otherwise.
Who is this program for?
- Skaters aged 7-12 and are
- Able to stand on skates unassisted.
- Get up from a fall without help.
- Skaters able to wear a mask the entire time
When: Friday, November 12th
Where: The Hangar @ Oaks Park
How much: $45 - members of RCR
$85 - non-members
What you'll need:
What we will provide:
- Skates, Pads, Helmet - Don't have your own? No sweat! Our gear lending library has you covered and loaners are included in your reservation for the program - just make sure to fill out your gear section of the registration. Have your own? Even better! You'll need a low boot (like the ones pictured above. High boot or in-line skates won't work. Helmet should be rated for multi-impact. A bike helmet is not suitable for derby.
- Mouthguard - Bring your own mouthguard OR we have easy to use a non-moldable kind for $5. MOUTHGUARDS are required.
- Water bottle - hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.
- Gear - We will provide all necessary gear if needed.
- Lunch - Take a day off from packing a lunch. We got it covered with donated PIZZA from our sponsor, Sizzle Pie.
- Snacks - We'll make sure the skaters are fed and having fun.
We look forward to seeing you on the track!